Warehouse / Material Handler
Take control of your career. At Schwan’s Home Delivery, we offer a variety of positions in our warehouses that give you the opportunity to own your day with minimum supervision. As a member of our depot team, you will be responsible for the daily aspects of loading, fueling and preparing the delivery vehicles, in addition to maintaining a safe and clean work environment. Opportunities on our mail order team include managing packaging and shipping of product direct to consumers.
- Full Time/
- Overnight &
- Paid Weekly
Competitive Hourly Wage
What do you need to be a successful Material Handler at Schwan’s Home Delivery?
- Problem Solver
A variety of opportunities await - Start Here. Go Far.
• Part-Time Material Handler • Full-Time Material Handler • Sr. Material Handler DO NOT FORGET TO ADD ACCESSIBILITY TEXTMail Order Team
• Seasonal Material Handler
• Full-time Material Handler • Warehouse Supervisor DO NOT FORGET TO ADD ACCESSIBILITY TEXTRoute Sales Team
•Route Sales Representative •Service Operations Specialist DO NOT FORGET TO ADD ACCESSIBILITY TEXT
Area Manager DO NOT FORGET TO ADD ACCESSIBILITY TEXT
Zone General Manager DO NOT FORGET TO ADD ACCESSIBILITY TEXTOperations Leadership: Logistics, Fleet Warehouse DO NOT FORGET TO ADD ACCESSIBILITY TEXT
Division Vice President DO NOT FORGET TO ADD ACCESSIBILITY TEXT
Meet Our Leaders
Meet the leaders charged with delivering extraordinary experiences, lasting relationships and outstanding food to America’s tables.
Discover Your Opportunity.
At Schwan’s Home Delivery, we are committed to safely providing quality products direct to our consumers’ homes offering a great experience for employees and customers across the country.
Our Inspiration - Our Mission, Vision and Values
We are passionate about our culture both internally and externally in the communities we serve around the country.
We believe everyone does their best work when they are inspired to achieve and recognized and rewarded for their efforts. That’s why we offer a competitive Total Rewards package that meets the needs of today’s employees. From our 401(k) program and various health and wellness offerings to holidays off, our hands-on training and career development, we provide the benefits you need to keep growing and advancing in your life and career.
Competitive hourly rate, paid weekly, paid holidays & vacation
Full time positions offer medical, dental, vision, and several HSA and FSA options
Health, Wellness & Safety
Access to online tools for physical and mental wellbeing; $0 copay on mental health office visits with insurance
Employee discount of 20% off plus an additional 20% off in reward points with an online order
401K and Retirement Plans:
Company match starts right away
Leadership and growth opportunities available
As a Warehouse Associate you will be responsible for loading and refueling the delivery trucks in our fast-paced frozen warehouse. We are driven to bring our customers delicious food and reliable services and to provide quality food, help be part of making that happen. Our top performers can grow into various roles within the company including, Warehouse Lead, Route Sales Representatives and more! Show us what you got!
Starting Wage: $ 18 Per Hour
Duties and Responsibilities:
- You unload frozen food product up to 50 pounds from semis into warehouse freezers.
- You load frozen food from warehouse freezers into delivery trucks.
- Safety is our number one priority! You will be trained on how to safely back up trucks for loading and driving them through depot lot.
- Inventory Control of our trucks and freezer.
- Care for our products, trucks, clean environment, culture and team members.
- Use lists to dispense and receive information including product codes and customer pre-orders.
- General upkeep of facility including cleaning and maintenance.
- The hours vary by location and size of the depots, but generally this position is an overnight shift; i.e. 2am – 10:30am, 4am – 12:30pm.
- Full time employees are eligible for full benefits.
To ensure your safety we provide the proper protective clothing including, freezer jackets, boots, gloves and glasses. We also provide safety training.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 2+ years of related experience preferred
- Must meet the Federal DOT eligibility requirements, including appropriate driver's license and medical certification
- NO CDL license required
- Ability to work physically in freezer environments for 4-8 hours per day, loading and unloading trucks, and standing for 8-hour shifts
- Ability to work independently for part or all of the shift
- Values of honesty, responsibility, reliability and team support
- Must be comfortable with computer technology or have a willingness to learn
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills
Member of the military? We thank you for your service! As a strong supporter of our men and women in uniform, we will consider recent military experience as a great prerequisite to a career at Schwan’s!
Schwan’s Home Service is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.