General ManagerApply Location Santa Rosa, California Job ID GENER018744 Date posted 08/03/2022
Base Salary is $75,000 - $80,000 plus 25% bonus opportunity
As a General Manager you are responsible for leading and motivating a route service team to safely deliver world class customer service and sales growth. Ensuring efficient route operations that best leverage all assets and resources available and lead the execution of performance and operational goals focused in the areas of safety, people, service, quality, cost and growth.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- You lead execution of delivery and service to ensure a high-quality customer experience through efficient route operations.
- Execute and enforces accountability of safety standards.
- People management and development demonstrating a disciplined approach to recruiting/onboarding, training, coaching and retention.
- Ensure successful customer service delivery and recovery.
- Serve as local point of contact for customer calls & follow- up, coordination with the call center and overall issue resolution.
- Manage route structure, productivity and asset/resource utilization.
- Assist to lead sales performance within an area of approximately $3-$6 million per year and may oversee more than one location.
- Effectively cascades key messages on areas of focus and strategic priority for the business.
- Oversee the warehouse to ensure execution of efficient operations (management of fleet assets for the location, compliance with Pre & Post Trip, inspections, utilization, PM schedule, repair/maintenance, breakdown pick-up, etc)
- Conduct essential administrative duties, payroll, banking, equipment support, resource scheduling, and daily reporting
- Review financial reporting/KPI’s to make informed decisions on cost controls, route productivity, product inventory controls, maintenance of assets, depot supplies, profitability, etc.
- Implement and maintain compliance with all government and corporate programs and policies.
- Responsible to conduct yourself and ensure your team conduct themselves in a manner consistent with company mission, values, code of ethics, policies, and other standards of conduct.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years related experience
- 2 yrs. direct leadership experience
- Proven leadership, team development, sales and distribution management
- Inspire, coach and develop others through a shared vision and purpose
- Select high quality/caliber talent
- Proven track record driving & executing best in class service
- Understand Financial reporting/statements
- Basic PC skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
- Must meet the Federal DOT eligibility requirements, including appropriate driver's license and medical certification
Member of the military? We thank you for your service! As a strong supporter of our men and women in uniform, we will consider recent military experience as a great prerequisite to a career at Schwan’s!
Schwan’s Home Delivery is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.