Route Delivery DriverApply Location Montesano, Washington, Olympia, Washington, Elma, Washington Job ID ROUTE020868 Date posted 01/18/2023
As a Route Delivery Driver, you will have the opportunity to drive the iconic yellow truck. You will sell and deliver frozen foods to confirmed customers' while building strong relationships to maintain and grow your route. Come be a part of our journey and see how far your ambition, outgoing nature, and exceptional customer service can take you.
Position Type: Full-time
Compensation: Paid hourly, average of 50 hours a week, estimated annual income is $58,000 - $63,800 / year (weekly overtime and eligible for bi-weekly bonus).
What will you do?
- Work independently as part of a team of motivated individuals who share similar values.
- Receive 4-6 weeks of hands-on training from leaders who care and coach you to success; after which you receive your own established route.
- Safety is our #1 priority! You will be trained and expected to apply safe practices while servicing customers and operating the company vehicle. Including adherence to traffic laws, safe operating practices, company policies, standards, Department of Transportation regulations and requirements and any other program requirements.
- Exposed to a variety of weather conditions; heat, cold, rain, snow, etc. while servicing our customers.
- Service customers along a pre-established route in a variety of different ways from order delivery, at the door service to new customer development.
- Enjoy most weekends off and work a reliable schedule starting mid-morning until early evening (average 10-hour day).
- Eligible for vacation and holiday pay, multiple health, dental and vision plans, Employee Incentive Program, and a 401K plan with a company contribution, plus more, including an employee discount.
What will make you successful?
- 1-3 years of customer service and/or sales experience preferred
- Positive attitude and high energy
- Values of honesty, responsibility, reliability, and team support
- Comfortable with computer technology or have a willingness to learn
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
Don’t feel you meet all the criteria above? We encourage you to apply anyway! We are dedicated to building a more inclusive and diverse workplace so if you are excited about the role, but your past experience does not align perfectly, we may still want to talk to you!
All candidates must meet the Federal DOT eligibility requirements, including appropriate driver's license and medical certification. NO CDL license required.
Member of the military? We thank you for your service! As a strong supporter of our men and women in uniform, we will consider recent military experience as a great background to a career at Schwan's Home Delivery!
Schwan’s Home Delivery is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin, or other protected class.