Route Sales Team Lead
Take control of your career. As a Route Sales Representative, you'll be in charge of all daily aspects of running a national route-based food business! Driving the iconic Schwan's yellow truck, you'll sell and deliver frozen foods to customers' homes between 9am and 6pm, while building strong relationships to maintain and grow your route. Come be a part of our journey and see how far your ambition, outgoing nature and exceptional customer service can take you.
- Full Time + Full Benefits
- Established Route
- Most Weekends Off
- Unbeatable Technology
What do you need to be a successful Route Sales Representative at Schwan’s?
- Customer focused
- Safe driver
- Problem Solver
- Effective communicator
We promote from within - start here. go far.
Route Sales Representative DO NOT FORGET TO ADD ACCESSIBILITY TEXTMaterial Handler DO NOT FORGET TO ADD ACCESSIBILITY TEXT
Depot Training Specialist DO NOT FORGET TO ADD ACCESSIBILITY TEXTSr. Material Handler DO NOT FORGET TO ADD ACCESSIBILITY TEXT
Service Operations Specialist DO NOT FORGET TO ADD ACCESSIBILITY TEXT
Area Manager DO NOT FORGET TO ADD ACCESSIBILITY TEXT
Zone General Manager DO NOT FORGET TO ADD ACCESSIBILITY TEXTOperations Leadership: Logistics, Fleet Warehouse DO NOT FORGET TO ADD ACCESSIBILITY TEXT
Division Vice President DO NOT FORGET TO ADD ACCESSIBILITY TEXT
Meet Our Leaders
Meet the leaders charged with delivering extraordinary experiences, lasting relationships and outstanding food to America’s tables.
Discover Your Opportunity.
At Schwan’s Home Delivery, we are committed to safely providing quality products direct to our consumers’ homes offering a great experience for employees and customers across the country.
Our Inspiration - Our Mission, Vision and Values
We are passionate about our culture both internally and externally in the communities we serve around the country.
We believe everyone does their best work when they are inspired to achieve and recognized and rewarded for their efforts. That is why we offer a competitive Total Rewards package that meets the needs of today’s employees. From our 401(k) program and various health and wellness offerings to our hands-on training and career development, we provide the benefits you need to keep growing and advancing in your life and career.
Base salary plus commission, paid holidays, & vacation
Medical, dental, vision & dependent care FSA
Training & advancement opportunities. In fact, the majority of our leadership team, started as a Route Sales professionals.
401(k) & Profit Sharing
Health, Wellness & Safety
Various offerings including health assessments, screenings & coaching programs
Including impressive employee discount
Position Type: Full-time
Compensation: Salary $55-$60k Annually
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safety is our #1 priority! You will be trained and expected to lead and apply safe practices while training, servicing customers, and operating the company vehicle. This includes adherence to traffic laws, safe operating practices, company policies, standards, Department of Transportation regulations and requirements, and any other program requirements.
- Successfully executes primary responsibility of providing route relief coverage and support.
- Trains new Route Sales Representatives (RSRs) and assists in coaching and developing team members on a variety of topics including safety, sales, and service.
- Provide real-time training and coaching support, through ride-alongs with Route Sales Representatives (RSRs) on their routes.
- Supports manager with administrative functions and depot training as needed.
- Works with and helps lead a team of motivated individuals who share similar values.
- Exposed to a variety of weather conditions; heat, cold, rain, snow, etc. while servicing our customers.
- May be required to assist with warehouse/freezer activities including loading trucks and unloading semis.
- Enjoy most weekends off and work a reliable schedule starting mid-morning until mid-evening (average 10-hour day). Some overnight travel may be required.
You earn a competitive salary and will be eligible for vacation and holiday pay, multiple health, dental and vision plans, an Employee Incentive Program, and a 401K plan with a company contribution, plus much more, including an employee discount!
Education and Experience:
- 2+ years of related experience preferred
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Must meet Federal DOT eligibility requirements, including valid driver's license and medical certification. NO CDL license required
- Aptitude and desire to properly coach and train others
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Safety first mentality while executing best-in-class service
- Experience with technology
Member of the military? We thank you for your service! As a strong supporter of our men and women in uniform, we will consider recent military experience as a great prerequisite to a career at Schwan’s!
We are committed to creating an inclusive environment that welcomes diversity, represents the communities in which we operate, enables the attraction of diverse talent pools for today and tomorrow, and positions Schwan’s Home Delivery as an employer of choice.
Schwan’s Home Service is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin, or other protected class.Job Type: Full-Time Business Unit: Req #: ROUTE018743