Material Handler Mail Order
Take control of your career. At Schwan’s Home Delivery, we offer a variety of positions in our warehouses that give you the opportunity to own your day with minimum supervision. As a member of our depot team, you will be responsible for the daily aspects of loading, fueling and preparing the delivery vehicles, in addition to maintaining a safe and clean work environment. Opportunities on our mail order team include managing packaging and shipping of product direct to consumers.
- Full Time/
- Overnight &
- Paid Weekly
Competitive Hourly Wage
What do you need to be a successful Material Handler at Schwan’s Home Delivery?
- Problem Solver
A variety of opportunities await - Start Here. Go Far.
• Part-Time Material Handler • Full-Time Material Handler • Sr. Material Handler DO NOT FORGET TO ADD ACCESSIBILITY TEXTMail Order Team
• Seasonal Material Handler
• Full-time Material Handler • Warehouse Supervisor DO NOT FORGET TO ADD ACCESSIBILITY TEXTRoute Sales Team
•Route Sales Representative •Service Operations Specialist DO NOT FORGET TO ADD ACCESSIBILITY TEXT
Area Manager DO NOT FORGET TO ADD ACCESSIBILITY TEXT
Zone General Manager DO NOT FORGET TO ADD ACCESSIBILITY TEXTOperations Leadership: Logistics, Fleet Warehouse DO NOT FORGET TO ADD ACCESSIBILITY TEXT
Division Vice President DO NOT FORGET TO ADD ACCESSIBILITY TEXT
Meet Our Leaders
Meet the leaders charged with delivering extraordinary experiences, lasting relationships and outstanding food to America’s tables.
Discover Your Opportunity.
At Schwan’s Home Delivery, we are committed to safely providing quality products direct to our consumers’ homes offering a great experience for employees and customers across the country.
Our Inspiration - Our Mission, Vision and Values
We are passionate about our culture both internally and externally in the communities we serve around the country.
We believe everyone does their best work when they are inspired to achieve and recognized and rewarded for their efforts. That’s why we offer a competitive Total Rewards package that meets the needs of today’s employees. From our 401(k) program and various health and wellness offerings to holidays off, our hands-on training and career development, we provide the benefits you need to keep growing and advancing in your life and career.
Competitive hourly rate, paid weekly, paid holidays & vacation
Full time positions offer medical, dental, vision, and several HSA and FSA options
Health, Wellness & Safety
Access to online tools for physical and mental wellbeing; $0 copay on mental health office visits with insurance
Including an impressive employee discount
401K and Retirement Plans:
Company match starts right away
Leadership and growth opportunities available
$18 - $20 / Hour
6am to 2pm M-F
At Schwan’s Home Delivery, our passion is to deliver extraordinary experiences, lasting relationships, and outstanding food to America’s tables. As a Mail Order Material Handler, you will be responsible for picking, packing and shipping frozen product for our customers. Our top performers can grow into various roles within the company including, Warehouse Lead, Route Sales Representatives and more! Show us what you got!
Full time employees are eligible for full benefits and all roles are paid weekly!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- When needed unload dry goods, (Styrofoam coolers, cardboard, packing materials, etc.) from semi and move to warehouse storage.
- Pick and pack e-commerce frozen food orders into coolers with dry ice to ship to our consumers.
- Pack orders according to Standard Operating Procedures, ensuring proper packing of products in coolers, inclusion of correct amounts of dry ice and insertion of literature as directed.
- Weigh and scan packages for shipment by third-party carrier ensuring proper shipping labels are affixed to all packages.
- Maintain inventory control of our product as well as dry goods (such as corrugated boxes, shipping coolers, tape, labels, etc.)
- Demonstrate care for our products, clean environment, culture and team members.
- Use lists to dispense and receive information including product codes and customer orders.
- General upkeep of facility including cleaning and/or maintenance and assisting other depot staff.
- Responsible to conduct yourself and ensure others (if applicable) conduct themselves in a manner consistent with company mission, values, code of ethics, policies, and other standards of conduct.
- The hours vary by location and size of the depots, but generally the hours for this non-exempt (hourly) position are from 6:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- As needed unload frozen food product up to 50 pounds from semis into warehouse freezers.
Safety is our #1 priority! You will be trained how to work safely to perform the job duties for a mail order shift, including proper handling of dry ice, the safe operation of equipment such as pallet jacks as well as safe and ergonomic handling of packages
To ensure your safety we provide the proper protective clothing including, freezer jackets, boots, gloves, and glasses.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 2+ years of related experience preferred
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be 18 years of age or older
- Ability to lift and/or move packages weighing up to 50lbs.
- Ability to work independently for part or all the shift
- Values of honesty, responsibility, reliability, and team support
- Must be comfortable with computer technology or have a willingness to learn
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to perform physical labor in a freezer environment for 4-8 hours per day and standing for 8-hour shifts
At Schwan’s Home Delivery, we believe that our employees are the catalyst to the success of the company where their initiative, strategic thinking, and entrepreneurial spirit are recognized. You will use your passion for bringing new and different product solutions to our customers!
Member of the military? We thank you for your service! As a strong supporter of our men and women in uniform, we will consider recent military experience as a great prerequisite to a career at Schwan’s!
Schwan’s Home Delivery is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.Job Type: Full-Time Business Unit: Req #: MATER020949