Route Sales Representative
Take control of your career. As a Route Sales Representative, you'll be in charge of all daily aspects of running a national route-based food business! Driving the iconic Schwan's yellow truck, you'll sell and deliver frozen foods to customers' homes between 9am and 6pm, while building strong relationships to maintain and grow your route. Come be a part of our journey and see how far your ambition, outgoing nature and exceptional customer service can take you.
- Full Time + Full Benefits
- Established Route
- Most Weekends Off
- Unbeatable Technology
What do you need to be a successful Route Sales Representative at Schwan’s?
- Customer focused
- Safe driver
- Problem Solver
- Effective communicator
We promote from within - start here. go far.
Route Sales Representative DO NOT FORGET TO ADD ACCESSIBILITY TEXTMaterial Handler DO NOT FORGET TO ADD ACCESSIBILITY TEXT
Depot Training Specialist DO NOT FORGET TO ADD ACCESSIBILITY TEXTSr. Material Handler DO NOT FORGET TO ADD ACCESSIBILITY TEXT
Service Operations Specialist DO NOT FORGET TO ADD ACCESSIBILITY TEXT
Area Manager DO NOT FORGET TO ADD ACCESSIBILITY TEXT
Zone General Manager DO NOT FORGET TO ADD ACCESSIBILITY TEXTOperations Leadership: Logistics, Fleet Warehouse DO NOT FORGET TO ADD ACCESSIBILITY TEXT
Division Vice President DO NOT FORGET TO ADD ACCESSIBILITY TEXT
Meet Our Leaders
Meet the leaders charged with delivering extraordinary experiences, lasting relationships and outstanding food to America’s tables.
Discover Your Opportunity.
At Schwan’s Home Delivery, we are committed to safely providing quality products direct to our consumers’ homes offering a great experience for employees and customers across the country.
Our Inspiration - Our Mission, Vision and Values
We are passionate about our culture both internally and externally in the communities we serve around the country.
We believe everyone does their best work when they are inspired to achieve and recognized and rewarded for their efforts. That is why we offer a competitive Total Rewards package that meets the needs of today’s employees. From our 401(k) program and various health and wellness offerings to our hands-on training and career development, we provide the benefits you need to keep growing and advancing in your life and career.
Base salary plus commission, paid holidays, & vacation
Medical, dental, vision & dependent care FSA
Training & advancement opportunities. In fact, the majority of our leadership team, started as a Route Sales professionals.
401(k) & Profit Sharing
Health, Wellness & Safety
Various offerings including health assessments, screenings & coaching programs
Including impressive employee discount
As a Route Sales Representative, you will have the opportunity to drive the iconic yellow truck. You will sell and deliver frozen foods to confirmed customers' while building strong relationships to maintain and grow your route. Come be a part of our journey and see how far your ambition, outgoing nature, and exceptional customer service can take you.
Service customers from 9am-6pm
Position Type: Full-time
Compensation: $47,000 - $52,000 / year (base + commission)
What will you do?
- Work independently as part of a team of motivated individuals who share similar values.
- Receive 4-6 weeks of hands-on training from leaders who care and coach you to success; after which you receive your own established route.
- Safety is our #1 priority! You will be trained and expected to apply safe practices while servicing customers and operating the company vehicle. Including adherence to traffic laws, safe operating practices, company policies, standards, Department of Transportation regulations and requirements and any other program requirements.
- Exposed to a variety of weather conditions; heat, cold, rain, snow, etc. while servicing our customers.
- Service customers along a pre-established route in a variety of different ways from order delivery, at the door service to new customer development.
- Enjoy most weekends off and work a reliable schedule starting mid-morning until early evening (average 10-hour day).
- Earn a guaranteed daily-base pay with commission on a weekly basis.
- Eligible for vacation and holiday pay, multiple health, dental and vision plans, Employee Incentive Program, and a 401K plan with a company contribution, plus more, including an employee discount.
What will make you successful?
- 1-3 years of customer service and/or sales experience preferred
- Positive attitude and high energy
- Values of honesty, responsibility, reliability, and team support
- Comfortable with computer technology or have a willingness to learn
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
Don’t feel you meet all the criteria above? We encourage you to apply anyway! We are dedicated to building a more inclusive and diverse workplace so if you are excited about the role, but your past experience does not align perfectly, we may still want to talk to you!
All candidates must meet the Federal DOT eligibility requirements, including appropriate driver's license and medical certification. NO CDL license required.
Member of the military? We thank you for your service! As a strong supporter of our men and women in uniform, we will consider recent military experience as a great background to a career at Schwan's Home Delivery!
Schwan’s Home Delivery is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin, or other protected class.Job Type: Full-Time Business Unit: Req #: ROUTE020721