Route Sales Representative
Take control of your career. As a Route Sales Representative, you'll be in charge of all daily aspects of running a national route-based food business! Driving the iconic Schwan's yellow truck, you'll sell and deliver frozen foods to customers' homes while building the strong relationships to maintain and grow your route. Come be a part of our journey and see how far your ambition, outgoing nature and exceptional customer service can take you.
- Full Time
- Established Route
- Most Weekends Off
- Indeed Reviews and Company Rating
What do you need to be a successful Route Sales Representative at Schwan’s?
- Customer focused
- Safe driver
- Problem Solver
- Effective communicator
Hard work, dedication and teamwork will not only inspire you to hit the goals you are shooting for, but the goals you want for yourself. —Pat, Route Sales Representative
We promote from within - start here. go far.
Route Sales Representative leads to UI Team Lead, Maintenance Team Lead, or Product Developer.Warehouse Associate leads to UI Team Lead, Maintenance Team Lead, or Product Developer.
Depot Training Specialist leads to UI Team Lead, Maintenance Team Lead, or Product Developer.Service Ops Specialist leads to UI Team Lead, Maintenance Team Lead, or Product Developer.
Area Manager leads to UI Team Lead, Maintenance Team Lead, or Product Developer.
Zone Logistics Mgr leads to UI Team Lead, Maintenance Team Lead, or Product Developer.
Zone Manager leads to UI Team Lead, Maintenance Team Lead, or Product Developer.
Division Operations/ Logistics leads to UI Team Lead, Maintenance Team Lead, or Product Developer.National Operations/ Logistics leads to UI Team Lead, Maintenance Team Lead, or Product Developer.
Division Vice President leads to UI Team Lead, Maintenance Team Lead, or Product Developer.
Schwan's People You Need to Know:
Here John Mentz and Brian Struss talk about their experience as Route Sales Representatives for Schwan's Home Service.
A Day in the Life
of a Schwan’s Route Sales Representative
This is an exciting opportunity to make a difference in people's lives with great food and service while controlling your own success.
Our Culture of‘Meaningful Participation’
Learn what it's like to work at Schwan's Company. Our passion is our food and it shows in all that we do!
We believe everyone does their best work when they are inspired to achieve and recognized and rewarded for their efforts. That’s why we offer a competitive Total Rewards package that meets the needs of today’s employees. From our 401(k) program and various health and wellness offerings to “unexpected days off,” our hands-on training and career development, we provide the benefits you need to keep growing and advancing in your life and career.
Base salary plus commission, paid holidays, & vacation
Medical, dental, vision & dependent care FSA
Training & advancement opportunities. In fact, the majority of our leadership team, including our President & CEO, started as a Route Sales professional
401(k) & Profit Sharing
Health, Wellness & Safety
Various offerings including health assessments, screenings & coaching programs
Including impressive employee discount
Now Offering $1,000 Sign On Bonus
Route Sales Representative
Earn between $42K - $47K (Salary and Commission)
Excellent Benefits and Paid Time Off
Position Type: Full-time
Wage: $42K - $47K (Salary and commission)
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Work independently as part of a team of motivated individuals who share similar values.
· You receive 4-6 weeks of hands-on training from leaders who care and coach you to success; after which you receive your own established route.
· Safety is our #1 priority! You will be trained and expected to apply safe practices while servicing customers and operating the company vehicle. Including adherence to traffic laws, safe operating practices, company policies, standards, Department of Transportation regulations and requirements and any other program requirements.
· Exposed to a variety of weather conditions; heat, cold, rain, snow, etc. while servicing our customers.
· You will be responsible for seeking out and establishing new customers for the route system in the assigned areas, making sales presentations to prospective customers and informing customers of new products, promotional products and any specials.
· We treat our customers like family, building relationships in our local communities, and in return they welcome us at their homes and into their lives.
· Enjoy most weekends off and work a reliable schedule starting mid-morning until mid-evening (average 10-hour day).
· Earn a guaranteed daily-base pay with commission on a weekly basis.
· You will be eligible for vacation and holiday pay, multiple health, dental and vision plans, Employee Incentive Program, and a 401K plan with a company contribution, plus more, including an employee discount!
Education and Experience:
· 1-3 years of customer service and/or sales experience preferred
· High School Diploma or Equivalent
· Must meet the Federal DOT eligibility requirements, including appropriate driver's license and medical certification. NO CDL license required
· Positive Attitude and High Energy
· Values of honesty, responsibility, reliability and team support
· Must be comfortable with computer technology or have a willingness to learn
Member of the military? We thank you for your service! As a strong supporter of our men and women in uniform, we will consider recent military experience as a great prerequisite to a career at Schwan’s!
Schwan’s Home Service is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.