Senior BuyerApply Location Bloomington, Minnesota, Marshall, Minnesota Job ID SENIO018390 Date posted 06/28/2022
This role carries out the responsibility of purchasing a broad spectrum of goods or services for the company. The position is accountable for researching, negotiating and procuring the assigned category; and will work under limited supervision by the Director.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads complex negotiations with key suppliers along with clear communication to internal stakeholders.
- Tracks and monitors the category for impact to pricing & supply.
- Negotiates and secures desired quantities and varieties at lowest feasible costs that meet quality specifications and plant production requirements.
- Responsible for material rates and operational impacts
- Delivers category rate and risk assessment and associated communication for their assigned materials to appropriate stakeholders
- Actively leads supplier quality for goods or services to ensure delivery of contracted products/services meet contracted expectations.
- Resolves QCD (quality, cost, delivery) issues with key customers (manufacturing, marketing, R&D, and sales).
- Monitors and tracks supplier performance, cost savings, and continuous improvement and develops and implements the solutions to address issues
- Creates the category supplier strategy in concert with Director.
- Accountable to drive results in Price, Rate and Risk Management, Project Execution, Raw Material Quality, Supplier
- Service, Supplier Product Innovation
- Responsible to conduct yourself and ensure your subordinates (if applicable) conduct themselves in a manner consistent with company mission, values, code of ethics, policies, and other standards of conduct.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
Years of Related Experience: 5-9 years of related experience
Intermediate PC skills including Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook. Intermediate proficiency in data generation from electronic systems. Intermediate numeric analytical skills. Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing via reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area circumference, and volume. Good communication skills both verbally and in writing. The ability to manage multiple assignments, meet deadlines, achieve objectives, manage confidential information and work cooperatively in groups.