Sales Team Lead, Route Sales Representative, Bismarck ND
Take control of your career. As a Route Sales Representative, you'll be in charge of all daily aspects of running a national route-based food business! Driving the iconic Schwan's yellow truck, you'll sell and deliver frozen foods to customers' homes while building the strong relationships to maintain and grow your route. Come be a part of our journey and see how far your ambition, outgoing nature and exceptional customer service can take you.
- Full Time
- Established Route
- Most Weekends Off
What do you need to be a successful Route Sales Representative at Schwan’s?
- Customer focused
- Safe driver
- Problem Solver
- Effective communicator
Hard work, dedication and teamwork will not only inspire you to hit the goals you are shooting for, but the goals you want for yourself. —Pat, Route Sales Representative
We promote from within - start here. go far.
Route Sales Representative leads to UI Team Lead, Maintenance Team Lead, or Product Developer.Warehouse Associate leads to UI Team Lead, Maintenance Team Lead, or Product Developer.
Depot Training Specialist leads to UI Team Lead, Maintenance Team Lead, or Product Developer.Service Ops Specialist leads to UI Team Lead, Maintenance Team Lead, or Product Developer.
Area Manager leads to UI Team Lead, Maintenance Team Lead, or Product Developer.
Zone Operations Mgr. leads to UI Team Lead, Maintenance Team Lead, or Product Developer.
Zone Manager leads to UI Team Lead, Maintenance Team Lead, or Product Developer.
Division Operations Mgr. leads to UI Team Lead, Maintenance Team Lead, or Product Developer.National Operations/ Logistics leads to UI Team Lead, Maintenance Team Lead, or Product Developer.
Division Vice President leads to UI Team Lead, Maintenance Team Lead, or Product Developer.
Schwan's People You Need to Know:
Here John Mentz and Brian Struss talk about their experience as Route Sales Representatives for Schwan's Home Service.
A Day in the Life
of a Schwan’s Route Sales Representative
This is an exciting opportunity to make a difference in people's lives with great food and service while controlling your own success.
Our Culture of‘Meaningful Participation’
Learn what it's like to work at Schwan's Company. Our passion is our food and it shows in all that we do!
We believe everyone does their best work when they are inspired to achieve and recognized and rewarded for their efforts. That’s why we offer a competitive Total Rewards package that meets the needs of today’s employees. From our 401(k) program and various health and wellness offerings to “unexpected days off,” our hands-on training and career development, we provide the benefits you need to keep growing and advancing in your life and career.
Base salary plus commission, paid holidays, & vacation
Medical, dental, vision & dependent care FSA
Training & advancement opportunities. In fact, the majority of our leadership team, including our President & CEO, started as a Route Sales professional
401(k) & Profit Sharing
Health, Wellness & Safety
Various offerings including health assessments, screenings & coaching programs
Including impressive employee discount
New Operating Hours! Schwan’s Home Delivery is proactively working to ensure route stops end earlier each evening to get our Route Sales Representatives home to their families. Contact us today to learn more.
Position Type: Full-time
Duties and Responsibilities:
- You will help support a team of motivated individuals who share similar values.
- You receive a minimum of 4-6 weeks of hands-on training from leaders who care and coach you to success.
- Safety is our #1 priority! You will be trained and expected to apply safe practices while servicing customers and operating the company vehicle. Including adherence to traffic laws, safe operating practices, company policies, standards, Department of Transportation regulations and requirements and any other program requirements.
- Exposed to a variety of weather conditions; heat, cold, rain, snow, etc. while servicing our customers.
- You will be responsible for providing real-time training and coaching support with the RSRs on their routes.
- May be required to assist with warehouse/freezer activities including loading trucks and unloading semis.
- Enjoy most weekends off and work a reliable schedule starting mid-morning until mid-evening (average 10-hour day). Some overnight travel may be required.
- You earn a competitive salary and will be eligible for vacation and holiday pay, multiple health, dental and vision plans, Employee Incentive Program, and a 401K plan with a company contribution, plus much more, including an employee discount!
Education and Experience:
- 1-3 years of leadership and related experience preferred
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Must meet the Federal DOT eligibility requirements, including appropriate driver's license and medical certification. NO CDL license required
- Aptitude and desire to properly coach and train others
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Safety first mentality while executing best in class service
- Experience with technology
Member of the military? We thank you for your service! As a strong supporter of our men and women in uniform, we will consider recent military experience as a great prerequisite to a career at Schwan’s!
Schwan’s Home Service is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.